- are trained teachers who are experts in our field.
- help students focus not just on improving scores but also on turning their scores into SCHOLARSHIPS. The top three APlus students alone for the Class of 2016 earned over $1 million in scholarships.
- are parents of four teens and understand firsthand what parents are feeling as they help their students through the process of planning after high school.
- continuously learn ourselves so that our classes reflect the best experiences for our students
- believe in helping students and their families be most informed about the college admissions process.
- committed to helping students improve their academic habits for success beyond the SAT and ACT.
- will take our program anywhere our clients request: church, schools, community centers, etc.
- know that our work makes a difference in the lives of our students, their families, and communities.
They proudly offer Tutoring Services for essential life-changing tests, including the SAT, ACT, Praxis and more, serving students in Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill and Rocky Mount. For the ACT and SAT they offer classes both weekly and one-time workshops on weekends. They also offer private SAT & ACT tutoring for families looking for more customized academic preparation. If your school or a group you belong to wants to have their own class or tutorial at your location, A+ Test Prep offers FlexPrep on your own schedule, and brings the learning to you. Additionally, they offer Praxis, Pearson, GMAT and GRE exam preparation for adult learners - invaluble for many. Throughout the year A+ Test Prep also offers free seminars for parents to help families learn about the various tests and have any questions answered about what to expect.
"This class motivated me to study at home and made me feel more confident after seeing improvement on the second test in only three days!"
— Sandy S.
"There are not enough words to articulate how much I appreciate the services of A+ Test Prep. Vince and Sheba Brown have hit the nail on the head with this service. Vince connected with my son and drew him right on in to begin practice questions using the clicker while Sheba and I talked. My son took their PSAT prep course, their ACT course, and their SAT refresher course. I appreciate Sheba’s “make no bones about it’ approach to teaching the students what they need to know and then some. She has the uncanny ability to keep their rapt attention... [and] throws in real life considerations about the application process, encourages students to find their own voices and to be confident in doing so. She also follows up weekly with parents by email; one week when several students hadn’t done their practice homework, she made sure that the parents knew this. We have had good results with the testing and good results with college admissions!"
— Michelle C.
— A. Murphy
With all this talk of testing, does your high school Junior know what to expect in the New Year? Now is the time to start thinking about exams and beyond for the class of 2019! Don't be overwhelmed. Instead come to one of A+ Test Prep's FREE info sessions on college and testing, starting in January. Just go to aplushigherscores.com/justintime to find out all the dates.
Prepare for the Praxis & Pearson Tests: An Introductory Class (Free): We will cover the core structure of the exam, examine basic question formats, and discuss strategies for answering.
ACT Prep. Durham. February 2018 Test: This course prepares students for success on the ACT. Students receive a workbook and dynamic instruction for English, math, reading, science, and writing. Meets weekly: 6:30 pm--8:30 pm February 6, 8, 13, 15, 20, 2018.
ACT Prep. Durham. Weekend Course. February 2018 Test: This course prepares students for success on the ACT. Students receive a workbook and dynamic instruction for English, math, reading, science, and writing. Weekend Course Dates: February 10. 10 am--12 pm February 11. 2 pm--4 pm February 17 10 am--12 pm February 18 2 pm--4 pm February 24. 10 am--2 pm
SAT Prep. Durham. March 2018: This comprehensive course includes dynamic instruction for reading, math, English, & writing. February 19, 21, 26, 28 March 5, 2018. 6:30--8:30 pm.
To find out more about A+ Test Prep, check them out online at aplushigherscores.com, on instagram, facebook (lots of great events there), or twitter for reminders and important announcements. You can never be too prepared, and A+ Test Prep is here to help!