Simply go to doitlocalfundraising.com and purchase one year of membership for only $15.00 (a 40% discount) and know that $10.00 of that goes directly to a fantastic local charity of your choice. You can use different keys to pick the charity:
- Diaper Bank of NC (key 94C104BF)
- KidBright USA (donating snacks to schools in need, key 6D07E3E)
- Ronald McDonald House of Durham (key 8243C3A2)
- Durham Literacy Center (key BDBEF505)
Questions? Just contact SoDu mom Carol at firstname.lastname@example.org - this is a labor of love for her. She truly believes in Do It Local's mission.
So what are some Do It Local business partners offering deals? Check it out below - including several businesses owned by SoDu moms and dads!
- Synergy Fitness for Her- Southpoint has a great deal for a month of unlimited small group training. They also have a benefit event coming up soon, scroll down!
- Not Just Paper is an all-in-one shop that offers everything from office supplies to kids activity books to teacher and business goods. They even have huge mylar balloons!
- TCR: Triangle Cellular Repair has a great Back to School deal and 6 convenient locations!
- There's even more below!
- Kids love Notasium which has a great deal on the app for 2 Play Passes and 1 Music Lesson!
- Looking for decor, linens, a bridal registry or special custom invitations? Bungalow boutique shop has all that and more!
- There's a great deal on lunch at It's a Southern Thing. I love their food!
- How long has it been since you've had an eye exam? Save money on one at Academy Eye Associates with Do It Local!
- The brews at Durty Bull Brewing Company are thirst quenching, and Do It Local has a deal on their trendy merch too!
- SoDu favorite Blue Bamboo Hair Salon works wonders with hair - look beautiful and save money!
- Got HS juniors or seniors? SoDu pardner A Plus Test Prep has a deal on their SAT/ACT Test Prep classes and an upcoming event - scroll down below for more info.
- Get 2 tee shirts for the price of one at custom Durham clothing shop Hometown Apparel- Cotton Creek on 9th street. I love everything they have there, from their Nine One Nine shirts to their shiny Bull City mugs.
Who else? Too many to name, including Through This Lens, Torero's Mexican Restaurant, Bull City Art & Frame Company, Lucie's Home Services, Barriskill Dance Studio, Linden's Dancewear, West 94th Street Pub, Beneti's Restaurant, Sarah's Empanadas, Central Dermatology Center, Triangle Fencing... and they're adding more all the time!
Do It Local will be collecting donations and giving away FREE memberships at the following events in September:
September 8 - Come celebrate at the 3rd Anniversary Bash at Synergy Fitness for Women to benefit The NC Diaper Bank. They will have raffles, prizes, fun games, drink tastings, food trucks, music tons of health and beauty experts and most importantly.....fun! Bring family and friends to extend your chance to win door prizes!
September 15 - Triangle Kickoff to College and Career sponsored by APlus Test Prep promises to be super informative for high schoolers and their parents. Do it Local will be selling memberships to support the Durham Literacy Center. https://kickofftocollege.com
September 22 - Community Auction at Durty Bull to benefit Durham Habitat for Humanity (SEE BELOW)
September 29 - Blue Bamboo Hair Salon is having a first anniversary party to benefit The NC Diaper Bank. Do It Local will be there too! Also, they are accepting School Supplies donations if you can bring some when you come! Stay tuned to their facebook page for more information.
When: Saturday, Sept 22 1-4 PM
Where: Durty Bull Brewing Co.
Here's more info on it! The mission of the auction is two-fold:
"1) Obviously, we want to build houses! Supporting Habitat for Humanity's mission to provide safe, affordable housing for local families is at the center of the event. We are doing this by creating Durham "baskets" - bundles of goods, services, and experiences from the local community. This happens through donations & sponsorship from local businesses. Baskets are themed (examples: SoDu Date Night, Downtown Get-Around, Bull City Beers, etc...) and most include multiple shops, services, and experiences. The baskets are auctioned off with the proceeds benefitting Habitat for Humanity of Durham
2) To connect local families with local businesses. Durham averages 20 new residents every single day - that's a lot of people who don't really know everything that Durham has to offer. On the flip side, we have new businesses opening every day too that our established locals might not know about. As Durham grows, we are working to create and help foster strong community relationships.
Learn more about the Realtor Community Habitat Home here."
DONATE! DOWNLOAD! DO IT LOCAL!!