I will be the first to admit it, I am a study in chaos. I may look like I've got it together but I'm a juggler - and not a very good one. I've never been good at organization - that actually is an understatement. I tend to procrastinate and when I eventually start cleaning and sorting my life and home I tend to not follow through.
Worst of all is how it makes me feel - incapable, overwhelmed, depressed. Having a messy home makes your brain clouded and harms your self esteem. I knew I needed help. That's where Honey Hive Home came in. When I met Hillary Bruce I immediately felt at ease. Her soft smile and kind words reassured me that she could help me, and in hours we made a huge difference in my home in ways I didn't think possible. She taught me methods I still implement months later. And we're only just beginning.
Hillary Bruce of Honey Hive Home prides herself in helping to create order and calm through organizational systems that match your goals and life. A professional organizer is helpful to anyone in any situation but can be particularly useful when going through a life transition like marriage and combinations of homes, birth or adoption of a child, home renovations, moving, children leaving home, downsizing, divorce, loss of a loved one, or moving into assisted living. What's unique about HHH is that they "understand that all transitions are full of emotion and are here to lend a hand" and an ear to listen as you process letting go of some items, and helping you to appreciate and treasure what you do keep.
Regardless of the circumstances, their services can make a world of difference. When I started with Hillary's services I too was going through a transition and really needed help. My small house was crammed with medical supplies for my daughter's feeding tube, which the doctors removed in December after years of having to manage her feeding conditions. Hillary helped me to move the items out and therefore move on to a brighter period for our family. Together we pared down everything from kids items, old makeup, college textbooks, clothes that haven't fit me since before my first pregnancy and so much more. Things I knew cognitively but needed someone to hold my hand and tell me it's okay. She asked me what my vision was for various rooms, how I would benefit best from them, and together we rearranged furniture and sorted what we kept. My house looked different on every floor, and just after a few hours of work. It didn't even seem like work (like it would have if I had been alone) because she's such a great and friendly person to talk to, and even though I invited her into the depths of my mess, she never once judged me. We laughed and told stories and the time flew by!
- Expert experience
- An unbiased perspective
- A set of helping hands to sort through your items
- Non-judgmental assistance
- Recommendations of systems that will work for your family or business
- Practical help to make your space work best for you
- "We prize honesty and integrity above all else. We keep our word and maintain clear communication with our clients.
- We maintain confidentiality. We will never share specific details or photographs of client projects without their permission.
- We believe in active listening to ensure that we understand the goals of our clients and that we are meeting and exceeding their expectations.
- We believe that your home should be a refuge, not a source of stress or anxiety
- We believe in working collaboratively with our clients to clear clutter and create systems that will help them to function at a high level.
- We believe in maximizing every inch of your space. You put your hard earned money toward each square foot; we help clients put this space to work!
- We love to have fun! Whether hauling boxes and bins or getting covered in dust, helping people get organized is our passion. Part of our role is to make the task of organizing manageable for our clients."
"Believe me when I say that I understand what it’s like to be in a space that just isn’t working. Whether it’s a closet that you slam the door on so that things won’t avalanche out onto the floor, a living room that feels cluttered, or a mountain of paperwork burying your office productivity, I can help you infuse order and style into your life."
- Hillary Bruce
How about some free organizing tips from Hillary?
Here's a super easy one for all those kid DVDs and their bulky cases taking up space in your home and car. It's fast and cheap.
Plus Hillary is in this month's Durham Magazine with some spring cleaning tips on pages 76-77.
- One woman desperately wanted an organized closet and detailed the process Honey Hive brought to the task on her blog - http://twinstripe.com/closet-makeover-with-honey-hive-home/. She writes "I had no idea how we were going to tackle that shelf, but Hillary knew exactly what to do. Hillary finally convinced me to get rid of the plastic drawers that I have had since freshmen year of college. She picked out a simple two draw set that can sit on the existing shelf already in the closet. To spice it up, I spray painted the handles to match the shelf. I am storing pajamas in the top draw and workout gear in the bottom – we marked each draw with a fun label. (A pro tip – Hillary suggested that I roll my clothes to save space and make life easier, so far so good!")
- "The best piece of advice that I have ever given to a fellow human who was overwhelmed by clutter: stop everything that you're doing and hire Hillary immediately. Not only a skillful organizer, Hillary is also a wholehearted educator. She masterfully navigated me and my fiance through the merger of two sets of household stuff, including plenty of question marks left behind by old roommates. She is extraordinarily patient, efficient, and effective at teaching you how to wrap your brain around placing and keeping your belongings in sensible places after you're done with the de-cluttering." - C.E.
- "Hillary helped us organize our lives in ways we never even considered before working with her. Hillary helped us to declutter and organize our home so day to day life is a little easier. If you are looking to simplify your life and have more time for the things you enjoy, I highly recommend Hillary and her organizing skills to help you get there." - C.S.
- "Hillary is extraordinarily competent at what she does. I needed help for a very complicated move with little time left while also having to sort through a huge and intimidating mess at my previous place. Hillary came through for me in a wonderfully supportive and reliable way. She was non-judgmental, friendly and warm, and so I felt surprisingly comfortable and at ease about having a new person in my home. I simply could not have done this without her."
- "We quickly went through my things, sorted through them, decided what needed to be done and in what order, grouped, separated, packed and arranged them. I also got a ton of moral support just from her relaxed and enthusiastic presence. She is incredibly efficient and provides a superior quality of service. I highly recommend her to anybody reading this."
- "She has an excellent visual-spatial sense and is very perceptive about spatial arrangements. She really helps you in your decision-making process about where you want your stuff to be, and what you need to do with it. Give her a call. You will absolutely not regret it and you will be surprised at how fun and engaging organizing your stuff can actually be." - N.D.
Below are great examples of her work (since I'm too embarrassed to post before pictures of my place). Isn't it a world of difference? And it probably took a lot less time than you'd think! I know we got tons done in a very short amount of time.
- "Contact us! We will promptly reply and schedule a brief time to chat with you to hear more about what you are hoping to achieve with our services.
- If we seem like the right fit for your project, we will schedule a 90-minute assessment (via phone or Skype).
- During the assessment, we will talk through your space and discuss how it’s functioning currently, as well as your goals for the future. We will write up our recommendations, including an estimate of cost and time if you decide to hire us to help. If not, no pressure! We will still leave you with several next steps you can try if you aren’t ready to commit quite yet.
- Beyond this point, all of our services are customized to meet the needs of our clients! We work in three (or more) hour time blocks in order to make optimal progress toward organizing your hive."
Couldn't be simpler! And that first step is easy, there's no obligation. Just meet Hillary and she'll take it from there.
And what's even better is that Hillary is offering a special deal just for SoDu Parents Posse members...
a free assessment visit (60-90 minutes)
plus 10% off of all sessions booked through 5/31/16.
It's a perfect time to spring clean and make a fresh start while supporting a female owned business. So now is the time - no more postponing. Your organized life awaits!