Are you looking for solutions for current problems or seeking preventative care? Wanting to connect with your body before, during, after pregnancy and beyond? Restoring Balance is a community of women working together in one space to provide complete holistic heath care for women in all stages of life. They offer Massage & Reflexology, Placenta Encapsulation, Acupuncture, Childbirth Education, Lactation Support, Ayurveda & Thai Yoga, Herbal V Steams, Girls Night Out, Events and Workshops and so much more.
Founder Nicole Splenda wanted wanting to create a space where women can gather and find all the alternative services they're seeking under one roof. Restoring Balance is a group of passionate professionals with 25+ years of experience and wisdom committed to supporting and empowering women and their families before, during, after delivery and beyond. The collective understanding of the female care providers and the unique perspectives they bring allows Restoring Balance to truly offer caring, individualized attention. Nicole says that "we provide services to you and your family to make the years surrounding pregnancy, birth, parenthood and womanhood the most balanced, empowered and harmonious time of your life."
Restoring Balance is known for their wide variety of massage options offered, including:
- Prenatal Massage – A natural touch treatment aimed at alleviating many pregnancy related symptoms.
- Postnatal Massage – Massage for physical and emotional health after childbirth.
- Fertility Massage – Enhances the health and functioning of the pelvic and abdominal organs, promoting fertility
- Labor Stimulation Massage – For after 40 weeks gestation, done to help stimulate the onset of labor by using massage, specific meridian points, and a safe blend of essential oils and a big dose of relaxation!
Sitz baths are a highly beneficial remedy in the few weeks following delivery. A specialized blend of herbs including chamomile and plantain leaf, are steeped in hot water overnight and used to sit in (either a bath or sitz bath tub) after birth. The warm mizture is used to heal and alleviate soreness and swelling from perineal tears or swelling. Included are organic herbs in four 2 oz. muslin bags. Each bag contains unrefined sea salt, lavender blossoms, plantain leaf, witch hazel, yarrow, calendula and chamomile.
Herbal Postpartum teas Restoring Balances special blend of loose organic teas assist mothers with tissue repair, mood stabilization and milk production. Postpartum healing, both emotionally and physically, is greatly helped by taking time for oneself with a warm cup of tea that works as your relax.
Have you considered preparing your body and mind for birth with the help of acupuncture? Pregnancy, childbirth and postnatal recovery are viewed in Chinese Medicine as an opportunity to enhance the woman’s well-being. Value is placed on preventative care to strengthen the mother and baby while also dealing with common problems as they occur during pregnancy. Evidence-based research shows us that acupuncture works for creating a harmonious pregnancy and preparation of a positive birthing experience. Acupuncture is considered to be very effective in reducing the incidence and severity of nausea during pregnancy. At 33-35 weeks we offer treatment with acupuncture and moxibustion treatment, which follows research that demonstrates a significant effect in turning breech babies. Treatments can also help babies that are not in the optimal position, such as those in a posterior position. Two weeks after giving birth, we recommend acupuncture treatments to help the mother fully recover. Acupuncture combined with Chinese herbal medicine can help the body regain strength and can greatly help with concerns like insufficient lactation, postnatal depression, and urinary incontinence.
Additionally, many women in all stages of life suffer from back pain, rib pain, sciatica and symphysis pubis pain, all of which can all be markedly reduced by acupuncture. Research from Sweden showed that when compared to physiotherapy, acupuncture was the best treatment for sacroiliac and pubic pain conditions.
Restoring Balance practices Birthing From Within, a holistic class series intended to support mothers and families birthing in any setting: at the hospital, home, or birthing center. Each prenatal class series deeply explores birth and parenting through dynamic discussion and unique hands-on processes. Special bonus sessions are included just for fathers, spouses and birth partners, as well as breastfeeding and early postpartum. Space is limited to 6 couples to enhance a comfortable learning environment and allow individual attention.
• Gain a practical, holistic understanding of what to expect in birthing, postpartum healing, and early breastfeeding
• Connect with your baby, birth partner, and other pregnant mothers and fathers
• Learn proven breathing and coping practices for birthing and beyond
• Explore your beliefs about birth & how these can affect your actual experience
• Create a nurturing birth environment anywhere & find the best support
• Share your hopes and concerns, and have fun!
• Discover deeper aspects of birth not usually talked about
• Practice self-care and hands-on comfort measures with your partner
• Learn what to do in unexpected or unwanted circumstances in birth
• Build confidence in yourself, your partner, and birth team
• Fully support yourself in your active preparation AND your birth
Regular Classes Include:
• 14 hours of class time
• Light Refreshments
• Reunion Gathering
BFW families also have access to ongoing workshops and women’s gatherings.
I can speak from experience that nursing, while beautiful and natural, isn't always easy, and many women need support. I personally benefitted from the advice and help from a Lactation Consultant after my first child, and urge all nursing mothers to consider utilizing their services as well. Why would you need one? Because there is nothing like a specialist to give both prenatal consultations to receive information and discuss concerns about breastfeeding before your child is born, as well as help if problems arise after becoming a nursing mother.
They are experts at helping in challenging situations like...
- Sore nipples or pain during breastfeeding
- Sleepy baby, or baby that won’t latch onto the breast
- Weight gain issues
- Previous breast surgery or trauma
- Breastfeeding multiples
- Adoptive breastfeeding
- Infants with a tongue tie
- Infants with cleft palate/lip
- Low milk production
- Over active let down/oversupply
- Mastitis/blocked ducts
- Pumping or use of breastfeeding aids such as nipple shields
- Returning to work or school
Thai Yoga Therapy is a healing art that combines assisted yoga stretching, acupressure, gentle rocking, rhythmic compression, energy work and meditation. It was designed to reduce stress, relieve pain, and support the body’s natural ability to physically and emotionally balance and heal Itself. Thai Yoga Therapy is performed on a mat on the floor; both client and practitioner are dressed in comfortable clothing allowing ease of movement and flexibility. Prenatal Thai Yoga Therapy is a wonderful way to relieve aches and pains during pregnancy and can be very beneficial to both mom and baby.
Best of all, they offer a girls night out!
Restoring Balance is hoping to put together a girls night out for posse moms on a Friday or Saturday this month, from 6-10pm. They can offer reflexology and foot bath, a relaxing acupuncture treatment, head and neck massage, fairy hair, and even tarot card reading. If we do one service, it could cost $30 per person, or we can do two services each for $50, with light appetizers and wine. So if you're interested in the
most unique girls night out, relaxing and getting to know each other,
let's make it happen at Restoring Balance!